Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Nailz!

Hey guys!  I hope everyone had a good Christmas!  Was Santa good to you this year?  I've been SUPER busy this holiday season, which has kept me away from updating this blog as much as I wanted to.  The good news is that I have been taking a lot of photos, so I'm probably going to be writing a lot of short posts over the next couple of days to catch up!  I did this Christmas mani over a week ago, but I ran out of time before the big day to post.  In fact, I'm kind of in a hurry now... I have to jump in the shower in a half hour to get ready for work!  So here it is!

OPI The Color of Minnie with a Christmas tree accent nail.


This polish photographed orange in the photo above, but The Color of Minnie is actually a blue based red with a pink flash.  You can see how the color looks in person a little better when I used a flash for the photo.  I originally wanted to try this with a Christmas tree paper punch, but apparently I don't own one.  Who knew?  So I free handed these trees and ornaments, and I think it came out okay for a first try.  I used a toothpick to do the dots, but I got too much polish and some of them dragged when I added top coat.  Next time I think I will use a straight pin.

The colors photograph more accurately with a flash!
Here is a picture of all the polishes I used for this nail art!

OPI The Color of Minnie, Julep Cindy, Nicole by OPI Kendall on the Katwalk, Nicole by OPI Wear Something Spar-Kylie, Sephora by OPI Worth My Weight (a.k.a. Looks Like Rain, Dear), Wet 'N Wild Fergie Hollywood Walk of Fame for the stars on top of the trees!
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment