Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Julep Mystery Box!

I'm drowning in nail polish right now, and it is AWESOME!  After a December full of CVS stalking, I'm feeling really good about myself for opting out of the Julep Maven box next month.  BUT last week, I did receive my first Julep Mystery Box, and I'm quite pleased!


New Years Julep Mystery Box contents.
The theme for this box was New Years Eve.  According to Julep, these boxes were the biggest ever, with the amount of product starting at $100 instead of $60.  There was also an iPad Mini in one of the boxes (I knew I wouldn't win) and a never-before-seen mystery glitter polish.  I was pumped to try my first mystery box!  Here is a list of the contents (I will use descriptions from the Julep website):
  • Sandra, pink magenta frost.  $14.00
  • Gwyneth, sheerest pink clear.  $14.00
  • Brandt, Trina Turk Fall '12 opaque off-black crème.  $14.00
  • Mystery glitter, possibly Erica, black with orange and silver glitter.  $14.00
  • Melissa, sheer opalescent shimmer.  $14.00
  • Matte top coat.  $14.00
  • Blue glitter pot.  (It arrived open and was all over everything!)  $2.00
  • One Step Polish Remover Pads (three).  $3.00
  • Glycolic Hand Scrub (two samples).  $0
  • The Best Pedi Creme Ever!  $22.00
Based on the original retail prices of everything, this box is worth $111.  I've been looking at other boxes on the internet, and it looks like most of the boxes, with the exception of the one containing the iPad mini, were all worth about the same.  I've seen a lot of complaints online, but I'm pretty happy with what I got!  I didn't get any duplicates, and I got three times as much stuff as I get in the monthly box for the same price!
 
Sandra, Gwyneth, Brandt, ugly mystery glitter, Melissa, Matte Top Coat.
I love Sandra, but I wouldn't have picked Gwyneth myself.  It's too sheer for me, but maybe I can layer it with another polish to give it a pink tint!
 

Sandra, Gwyneth.
I don't know that I've ever seen an off black creme, but I don't have one yet, so Brandt is a welcome addition to my collection.  I think I read somewhere online that the mystery glitter is called Erica, but that hasn't been confirmed anywhere.  Either way, I don't love it.  It looks Halloween-ish to me, which would've been neato in October, but is just kind of "meh" right now.

Brandt, mystery glitter, possibly Erica.
I can't wait to layer Melissa with some of my other polishes, but I'm most excited about the Matte Top Coat.  In fact, I was debating getting the Revlon Matte Top Coat from the new Bubblegum Days and Urban Nights collection, so I'm glad I don't need to go out and buy it now!

Melissa, Matte Top Coat.
The Best Pedi Creme Ever! is sold out online right now, probably because it's on sale for $8.00.  The back of the bottle says I will receive results within 1-2 days of use.  I better start using this tonight!



The January Maven Box contains neons and nudes, so I felt like I could live without it.  I have more than enough new polishes to swatch for a little while!  I think I will definitely take advantage of the next Mystery Box because I love opening mystery parcels!

More nail polish posts to come.  At least two more.  Sorry, I said I have a TON of new nail polish.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment